18 November 2011

GoTalk Mobile Internet Setting for Samsung Galaxy

I switched my mobile network provider again this week. Dumped Lycamobile (because the network stop providing free 300M/mth data internet access) The network I decided to go for is GoTalk. The process of port over my no took less than 6hrs. Very smooth. Totally impressed.

So as usual, the main problem I faced when engaged a new network is get the setting right for internet data. I kind of sure it is not the networks problem but more on Samsung Galaxy flexibility.
In normal practice, the network just need to SMS me a configuration setting to mobile and the connection could be done. However, from my experience this will not do with Samsung Galaxy. User for this model have to enter the parameters manually and I am have a hard time to get this information from GoTalk customer service because they cannot understand the logic. After 3 long calls with failure attempted sending me the configuration, the gals there finally review me the APN detail.

Which is very simple... JUST type below parameter into your APN setting. That simple. No Port or MMSC or Authentication type detail needed.

APN : purtona.net

My Galaxy up and ready for surfing the moment I get the information into the column.

So I am a GoTalk person now. With each $10/$20 top up, the phone will stay connect for the next 90 days. They network also give out 5M free data each day, any access usage will be 2cents/M
The minus point of GoTalk is the flagfall, 29cents for each connection (Lycamobile charged 19cents)
Also, GoTalk using the system of Vodafone which famous for their lousy connection. I hope it will not occur on my line.... just hope !

No comments: