06 January 2013

Best time to top up Petro tank

Today I going to blog on the same old subject again…  Is there any different to top up your vehicle petro tank at warm day time compare to cold early morning ?

20130104_150246

For very long time, I choose to pump petro in early morning because I believe the theory of I can obtain the maximum value of the quantity of petro during this period.

Not agree with me on this theory ? I got fact now.

Yesterday afternoon (temp about 35C) I top up to full tank of my little car. The next morning when I reached office for work, the meter shown 95% full. Cool !!!

By the time I finished work, the outdoor temp shot up to 43C…. burning hot. Jump into my car….. start engine…. ehhhhh… the meter on the display show that I have above 100% fuel. I know it is not possible but for a period of time I forget the logic of petro expend on size when the surrounding is hot. It took the stupid me awhile to come to the early mentioned conclusion. This mean from next week onward I will not pump petro on day time… instead, I will schedule extra 10mins get out from home to work on my topup day. Be the early bird in petro station. weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

No comments: