13 February 2011

St Kilda Festival

The event I long waiting for finally arrive today, St Kilda Festival.

The organiser blocked out a few streets along St Kilda beach on Sunday just for this yearly event which begin since 1980.

It is a very family orientated festival therefore I witness all type of peoples turn up having family day on the street. Look at the crowds in the next few photos.

2011-02-13 13.34.47

They were on the street checking out the goods and services provided by the stores set up along the streets.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Like this photo, the rail for tram which usually no man allow but for today… it is a walk way.

2011-02-13 13.56.29

Gathering at open field to enjoy the music performance by local artists. A few stages were put up at different corner to allow various type of musician an opportunity to show off their talent.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

One of the stage with young rock band.

2011-02-13 14.49.29

Fitzroy Street closed for vehicle and tram. I enjoy to walk at the middle of street without worry of the busy traffic (this is the street I did my mails delivery day in day out)

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

African musician with their drums…..

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Young man doing tap dancing…. not as good as those from So You Think You Can Dance though.

This guy doing escape performance… he talked too much so after a while I walked off.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

AirAsia never miss out the opportunity to promote it brand at this festival. They have a big tent on the street and provide free massage. That was the reason why peoples Q up in this picture below.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I know of AA is in the festival because I saw lot of peoples having this hat on their top. By the time I reached the store already finished giving out… too bad for me !

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

More photos of St Kilda Festival coming up next…

No comments: