09 April 2010

A visit to community Library – Shocking !

Yesterday morning I acted as a tourist at Victoria Market but I put back my local skin on afternoon…. I ventured into city library and see see see…. I am a member now….. FOC !!

DSC00004

No charges to join the membership. I just need to produce a document (in this case my driving license) which an evidence to the counter staff that I staying between the zone of Melbourne CBD, that simple.

Get ready to let me shock you with what I learn from this 2.5 hrs library visit.

First, no need to keep too SILENCE when you are inside the library. Why I said so ? I saw guy gave tuition to school student in one corner (he collect the tuition fee after the job done) They discussed the math subject like in open space. I sat opposite them abd have to act like no problem.

There was this big piano placed at another corner and this guy played music non stop for hours…. i think he shiok sendiri kua !

Biggest culture shock for me was 2 flat screen 40” tv place at an open space and members are allow to play game there !!!!!!

A section was dedicated to DVD collection. Allow to borrow home or just watch it at TV room. The collection included of all type of movies from Hollywood, HongKong, Vietnam etc…. Drama serious like Charm also there….  another rack are full with CD for all type of music… just pick and go to the audio section with head phone and enjoy yourself.

Room after room along the wall for member to hang out. Some couple do love love action… some just read newspaper and many PC ready for use at everywhere. Just need to login with membership no and there you go… MSN Skype or Yahoo MSG … no restriction…. I saw kids played online game too….. How this happen ? You tell me lar….

As for the magazine section… the range of issues are so wide.. I can just sit down there for hours and forget my lunch or dinner…. I picked Advocate to read on yesterday…. wonder can get printed version of DNA or not ?? Will go back to soak myself there whenever I have spare time.

Book 1

I end my visit with 2 books…. the one above made me excited for a few second (got climax feeling hehehe… tahan not to scream out when i picked it up from the shelf) because it is the latest novel published by this writer. Have not see it in MPH yet but over here in library .. Ready for borrow. I only can keep it for 3 weeks at home so have to read fast. I spent 3-4 mths to finish each of this writer last 11 books. Suffer lorrrrrr

So….. now you know where to find me if you cannot find me at home.. as the library only 15 mins away (walking distance) from my current apartment.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent. Time to improve yr English as well as deepen yr knowledge. Sigh~~i wish i could do that too but no work, not enough S$ to upkeep daily expenses.Sui

Anonymous said...

Very Different from Spore. No wonder recently, they are implementing something similar to Aus Library. Which is having 2 TV and allow kids to play online game there. Sad to say, over hear Spore, if the book is very popular, kind of difficult to borrow, always not on loan. :( Well, so my friend enjoy your stay there, btw, hv you found your job there? till here.


Jess Chua

Ah Tom said...

Jess.. u get my point. In Spore, new book cannot borrow home. In BolehLand.... mmm.... got new books meh? hehehehehe...
I do enjoy so far... job still can wait...