02 March 2010

Breakfast in Penang

Only have 1 chance to enjoy Penang breakfast because my working trip not suppose to stay too long there. The good news was my fellow colleague very generous to me… he don’t mind to bring me around to hunt for a good foods.

We end up at a housing area not too far from Air Itam. Only local know this corner as it is a small outlet. I know it is a good deal when I saw below sign on one of the road side store.

201003 Pancake

I rushed across the street to buy below 2 pcs Ban Chian Kuih once we found a table. Instead of the patent patent type which display on the poster, I opted for the old fashion type which is the corn, peanut + butter. 

201003 Pancake 1

Next came my real breakfast…… Kuay Tiow Soup…. ai yo… saliva drip again once I think of this noodle…. Open-mouthed

201003 Koay Tiow

I enjoy my choice very much… it is not superb delicious but it just taste good since this is not a famous outlet.

My colleague order Penang Curry Mee (or Laksa in Singapore) Another good deal… lot local there also go for this noodle. I  suppose to order another plate of this noodle after the above bowl … but look at my out of control waist… better give it a miss lar Dont tell anyone

201003 Laksa

Now…. a picture of local Penang kopi or black coffee. Taste normal BUT look at the glass… actually the serve was not little…. Conclusion, Penang vendors not petty to pleased their customer in coffee.

201003 Kopi

Lastly, a new way to serve hot drink I learn from this morning outing. The hot chocolate drink can with some ice cube at the base plate. My colleague told me this is to help the customer to decide how hot they want their drink to be. IF they want it cooler, they just need to add in a few cubes of ice onto the drink.  Sarcastic Smart practice !

201003 Milo Ice

No comments: